- keep the project as simple as possible: this the most important and the most difficult principle to keep.
- put together a compelling selling message: stakeholders must buy in the project.
- a delivery project is completely different that an analysis and research undertaking.
- not everybody must be involved in everything: democracy does not work for project management
- talk to every stakeholder in the language they can fully understand.
- take into account opinion from those who are talking about their previous expirience or sound knowledge, otherwise just listen.
- show a milestone plan at the very beginning of the project.
- repeat the name of the project as much as possible can in the initial meetings.
- none else but the project manager must make decissions, (s)he will be accountable for them.
... to be continued ....
(Will this post give me any PDUs? ;-)
Sent from my wireless handheld